top of page

United States Business Visas

Looking for more information? Click below.
Nonimmigrant Visas for the United States for Work For International Businesses and Entrepreneurs
E Treaty Visas: USA Investor Visas (E-2) and US Visas for International Trade (E-1)
E visas are divided into two categories.  First, there exists an E-1 Treaty Trader visa for owners of U.S. entities that do at least 50% of its international trade between the United States and with the country of the individual's nationality.
Second, E-2 Treaty Investor visas are available to those individuals that make a substantial irrevocable investment of their personal funds in a U.S. entity whose activity is commerical.
E visas are available to citizens of coutries where the United States has signed a treaty allowing citizens of that country to obtain an E visa.  For example, France and the United States have signed such treaties authorizing issuance of both E-1 and E-2 visas.
Upon issuance of an E visa, the Principal holder is able to travel to the United States and begin working in their E visa enterprise.
L Intracompany
Transferee Visas
An L visa is a intracompany transferee visa that allows an employee from one company to be transferred to a U.S. affiliate, subsidiary, parent, or branch office.
This U.S. visa category is highly useful for international companies that need to send one of their executives or managers to the United States or even an employee with specialized knowledge about the Group's know-how that can give a competive advantage to the U.S. entity on the U.S. market.
Should you wish to work in the United States through investing in a U.S. company, have a product(s) that you import/export, or need to transfer an employee from a foreign company to a U.S. company, please do not hesitate to contact my office to discuss these options further.

Under United States Immigration law, there are a number of nonimmigrant visas available, which allow non-U.S. citizens to come to the United States for purposes of work.  Of particular use by international businesses and entrepreneurs are the "E" and "L" nonimmigrant visa categories.

bottom of page